Common input signal connectors as shown above include:
- HMDI: Designed for consumer electronics but increasingly appearing on professional grade products as well.
- DVI: Comes in two designs, digital and digital & analog.
- DisplayPort: Promoted as the new PC digital standard.
- DB-15 “VGA”: The PC analog standard.
- BNC: Used for HD-SDI, Component and sometimes on Composite.
- RCA: Used for Composite as well as audio, sometimes used for Component.
I left out S-Video as it seems increasingly rare though we do actually still support it on some of our controllers.