For developers wanting to see an E Ink display we made a 13.3″ demo display, it is also a usable and functional display for other purposes. The brochure provides the details, in summary:
- 13.3″ monochrome E Ink panel, 1200×1600 resolution
- Digital View EPM-050 driver board
- Raspberry PI Zero (subject to availability, we also use 3B+ and 4B)
- USB Type A for USB memory stick connection, this is how to update the image with this model.
- Wi-Fi connection is also available as an option at the time of ordering.
- Micro USB for 5V DC power input
- Aluminum housing, powder coated, VESA 100x100mm mounting.
- Compatible with the free Digital View EP Demo App, this is a Windows app for copying a JPG to a USB memory stick that can then be used to upload a new image to the display. It also supports a playlist and you can set the playback interval.
Here is a photo of the display in portrait mode, it can be used in portrait or landscape mode:
Here is a look inside the housing:
E Ink displays are suitable for indoor and outdoor display applications. The operating temperature range of the panel we use is from -15C to +65C.
For more details or to discuss developing an E Ink product please contact using the form or call:
- USA: +1.408.782.7773
- UK: +44(0)20.7631.2150
- HK: +852.2861.3615
Visit the E Ink product web pages on the Digital View website: https://www.digitalview.com/epaper/epaper-solutions-e-ink.html