Company Policy Statements
Company Policy Statements
- Digital View seeks to comply with relevant regional and international policies - certain of these are shown below.
- - Environmental Policy
- - Conflict Minerals Policy
Digital View is committed to meeting its customers’ display needs in a manner consistent with a sustainable environment. We believe it is both good business practice and our duty to protect natural resources. In keeping with this belief, it is our policy to conduct our business in an environmentally responsible manner.
In addition to complying with all applicable environmental laws and regulations, we commit to:
• Make environmental concerns an integral part of our planning and decision-making process and commit sufficient resources to implement effective environmental programs.
• Practice sound environmental management of all company-owned facilities, properties and natural resources under our control.
• Educate employees to be accountable for environmental management and encourage them to seek innovative ways to improve the environmental aspects of our operations.
• Avoid, minimize, and mitigate any adverse environmental impacts caused by our operations where possible.
• Maintain open channels of communication in regard to energy and environmental issues.
• Participate with government agencies and others in framing responsible laws, regulations and standards affecting the community, the workplace and the environment.
• Promote the efficient use of energy and natural resources through cost-effective conservation and energy management programs.
• Ensure the proper handling and disposal of all wastes, and minimize their creation while pursuing opportunities to prevent pollution and recycle and reuse waste materials.
• Support programs and technologies aimed at minimizing the environmental impacts of our operations.
• Continually improve our environmental programs.
• Evaluate our environmental performance through periodic reviews to ensure that our conduct is consistent with these principles.
Conflict Minerals Policy
Digital View recognizes the concerns relating to certain minerals defined as conflict minerals under the Dodd Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (USA 2010). These are mined in the region of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) under conditions of conflict and human rights abuses, they comprise the following:
• Columbite-tantalite (Coltan) refined into tantalum
• Cassiterite refined into tin
• Wolframite refined into tungsten
It is Digital View policy not to purchase components, sub-assemblies or supplies that we know contain conflict minerals.
(Policies may be subject to change without notice)