The Digital View SVX-2560 LCD controller update released this week is primarily focused on enhancing the network functionality. Specifically the various modifications include:
- Full Ethernet command & control functions with both browser mode & command mode together with additional monitoring features:
- Temperature sensors support, e.g. on-board sensor x1 and external sensor x1.
- Light sensor, e.g. On/Off and value.
- Fan On/Off control & speed monitoring.
- Voltage detection 2x for any other sensors that generating voltage signal.
- Alert message (through email) for sensor status.
- Support Composite video/S-Video (through AVD-1000) on J6 connector that without using the any other input ports (e.g. HDMI or DVI).
- Supports CEC commands with firmware version, E1.19.CEC.00.
The Ethernet connectivity is in addition to the RS-232 serial command & control connectivity and meets the needs of both local control requirements and compatibility with room control devices such as from Crestron, AMX and others as well as remote and server or cloud based IOT projects though additional engineering may be required for compatibility with proprietary systems.
The SVX-2560 product page on the Digital View website is SVX-2560 website product page.
Designed for higher volume applications requiring a minimal feature set the DD-1920 LCD controller is a very compact cost effective display interface solution. Suitable for LCD displays up to 1920×1200 resolution the DD-1920 is currently available in three versions:
- DD-1920: This is the base version with HDMI signal compatible headers for video input.
- DD-1920-HDMI: This has a standard HDMI connector for video input.
- DD-1920-Dual-DVI: This model has two DVI inputs, OSD or RS-232 selectable. This model is pictured below and can be seen on our website here.
Under consideration is a VGA input version – let us know if this is of interest. As with most of our LCD controller the DD-1920 family are all multi-panel compatible and have RS-232 for command and controls.
Note these models are subject to an MOQ for purchases, please contact your local Digital View office or distributor for details.
This mini joystick can be used to control the OSD or to invoke preset functions with any Digital View LCD controller / driver board – it can even be used to replace the normal OSD button board. The joystick incorporates an RS-232 interface that can be factory custom programmed to set the functions of the joystick to any of the very extensive Digital View RS-232 command set.
With a lifetime of over 100,000 cycles the joystick is suitable for industrial applications. The joystick operates in 5 directions, up/down, left/right & push.
back to main blog
The Digital View website has frequent mention of ‘multi-panel’ support, maybe more accurately expressed as multi-panel timing support.
What is multi-panel support?
Different LCD panel models have different signal timing requirements – Digital View LCD controllers are referred to as multi-panel because they have these timings stored on-board and selectable by mini-dip switches.
The mini-dip switch settings can be found on the Connection Diagrams available for download from the Digital View CSG mentioned in an earlier post or by contacting Digital View directly.